Tahar (@laseptiemewilay): Civilians are not that innocent. Children are just collateral. Now genocide. It is unsurprisingly the same argument expressed differently.
- @RexBrynen wiped from the inter-ether, I mean the post, not the victims of genocide in reply to RexBrynen 09:08:15, 2014-08-01
- RT @DawnHFoster: Hmm, Times of Israel have pulled down that horrendous ‘When Genocide is Permissible’ article. Here it is: http://t.co/ByJkK65PsE 09:12:22, 2014-08-01
- He does not seem to understand what the word genocide means to the world. Ironic . 09:17:49, 2014-08-01
- He treats “genocide” as synonymous with non-applicability of conventions of warfare in pursuit of the obliteration of an unjust enemy. 09:24:37, 2014-08-01
- The “genus” or “gens” of “genocide” in common usage equates with a people, culture, “race” – he defines his target ambiguously. 09:32:13, 2014-08-01
- Doubly ironic that genocidalism is the basis of his call for [a consideration of] genocide – for extermination of all those who seek genocide 09:34:32, 2014-08-01
- cached version of article http://t.co/cP1t4U2dRS h/t @bungdan 09:40:02, 2014-08-01
- RT @bungdan: I’m trying to wrap my head around a Jewish newspaper publishing such a thing even for a few hours. It is not the world I grew up in. 09:40:53, 2014-08-01
- what the editors recognized only late is that the first question is “in what ways is discussion of genocide possibly permissible for us?” 09:45:10, 2014-08-01
- RT @JFXM: As @EylonALevy points out, @TimesofIsrael doesn’t edit/approve pieces before publication. System needs change if people justifying genocide. 09:49:53, 2014-08-01
- RT @badnetworker: Real talk: genocidal language isn’t rare in Israeli society. Not widely condoned (or necessarily meant seriously), but not unusual either. 09:53:53, 2014-08-01
- To reply to “when genocide is permissible” with snark or politics is also to normalize what we claim to define as un-normalizable. 09:58:21, 2014-08-01
- Just in case you thought Benny Morris might have been mellowing: http://t.co/UX0xXlpQU4 h/t @NuisanceValue 10:33:07, 2014-08-01
- #pt hard to believe, w/o new 9/11s, the West can be convinced of the necessity of his program – he either needs or seeks a true “crisis” 10:41:42, 2014-08-01
- .@KevinNR with the “Palestinian Arabs have no necessary national claim” logic always struggling toward the surface http://t.co/v2IhQ5ZL6G 10:55:38, 2014-08-01
- RT @Yair_Rosenberg: OMG, Twitter is going to totally flip out when it sees who I found calling for genocide on the internet: http://t.co/dtjiQCeGyd 10:58:18, 2014-08-01
- Exterminate all exterminators without exception now or sooner. 10:59:42, 2014-08-01
- A Times of Israel blogger responds http://t.co/jQ0IJ95DiF , but limits the range of the “wakeup call” @absilbers 12:20:13, 2014-08-01
- Apology from Yochanan Gordon http://t.co/pby0dfrM0N 14:07:08, 2014-08-01
0 comments on “Genres of the Genocidal”
We are determined to encourage thoughtful discussion, so please be respectful to others. We also provide a set of Commenting Options - comment/commenter highlighting and ignoring, and commenter archives that you can access by clicking the commenter options button (). Go to our Commenting Guidelines page for more details, including how to report offensive and spam commenting.
1 Pings/Trackbacks for "Genres of the Genocidal"
[…] thinking about genocide and the impermissible question of the permissibility of genocide, I have recently found myself running across the problem when intending to refer to types of hatred […]