As a longtime user and student of “open source” software who begins with extensive work made freely available by other developers, I have to this point refrained from implementing “pro” versions of any of my plug-ins or other add-ons. The “pro” version of these plug-ins, for now, consists of opportunity to hire a pro (me), at reduced rates in order to get things “just so” for your site. In the process, I can offer customized recommendations for maintaining, optimizing, and further developing your WordPress site.
Further documentation, screenshots, and demonstrations will follow as development proceeds and time permits.
General Release Plug-Ins
Featured and Thumbnail Fallbacks (FATF)
Status: In development, Beta Version soon available.
TFIF is a further-extended Category Featured Images Extended, with additional options for uploading a unique Global Fallback Image, for extracting a Thumbnail or Featured Image from individual post content, and for randomly selected images from designated groups of images.
Flush Bad Thumbnail Data Utility
Status: In development, Beta Version soon available
A very simple plug-in intended to address a problem affecting WordPress sites whose content has been moved, restored, or otherwise inserted by any of a number of widely in use WordPress plug-ins. In short, WordPress may “think” your post has a Featured Image or Thumbnail attached to it, when none is actually present, resulting in unexpected display and false positives with other plug-ins or processes that depend on correct results from the
has_post_thumbnail() function. The utility will allow one-click removal of bad entries from the database.
The major “modules” of this suite of commenting enhancements include:
- State of the Discussion (SOTD): Advanced, contextualized widget and archival display of last “n” comments at your site with comment excerpt expanding to full comment.
- Posts in Play (PIP): Widget to display and link recent posts in order of most recently commented. Combines with State of the Discussion and Commenter Archives.
- Comments Since Last Visit Reloaded (CSLVR): Let commenters quickly determine which comments in a thread are new, and go to or view them separately.
- Nested Comments Unbound(NCU): Allow “nested” comment threads to continue indefinitely in a convenient and readable, user-friendly format.
- Commenter Archives (CAS): Advanced, easily accessible display of a commenter’s comments within a thread or historically. Combines with State of the Discussion.
- Extraordinary Comments (EXC): In the WordPress Repo, and also hosted here.
- Commenter Ignore Button (CIB): In the WordPress Repo, and also hosted here.
- Commenter Highlight Buttons (CHB): Soon to be integrated here and uploaded to the WordPress Repo – allows for highlighting and “keeping” individual comments or all comments by selected commenters.
- Special Comment Quick-Tags: A fork of “Basic Comment Quick-Tags” providing for simple comment formatting.
- In-Reply-To Links: Automatically add links to the comment a commenter is replying to.
- Custom Avatar featuring Child of the Mystery Person: Create your own custom default avatar or use “Child of the Mystery Person” for users who for whatever reason won’t get their own avatars.
Also in use:
Forthcoming Posts: Widget and archive for display of selected “posts in progress,” with subscription and monetization options.
Display Featured Image or Excerpt Metabox: Provides authors or editors the option, on a per-post basis, to display enhanced versions of the post excerpt, featured image, or both, along with or replacing theme-standard “single post” display.
Redacting De-Spoilerer: Provides authors, editors, and commenters the ability to conceal, and users the option to reveal, sections of a post or comment containing “spoilers” or other “forbidden” content.
Support Our Site (SOS): Add simple, style-able tip-jar to your site via widget or shortcode.
Speaking of supporting anybody’s site, if you have used any of these plug-ins, or have benefited from other web development and design posts at this site, or have found other material of interest here, please consider offering a donation, or, better, signing me up for a custom configuration/installation job!